Medical Transportation Program Guidelines
Hours of Operation
- Days of Week: Monday - Friday
- Times of Day: Between 8:30am – 6:00pm. Medical appointment time and anticipated appointment length should allow the driver to leave Croton-on-Hudson no earlier than 8:30am and be back in Croton-on-Hudson no later than 6pm. Volunteers should note that driving commitment would not exceed 4-hours on a given day.
Note: Drivers for this program are volunteers from the community. We will make every effort to accommodate all requests that are made, however, as this Program is provided exclusively through volunteers, we may need to direct individuals to other community resources if there are no drivers available at the requested time.
Medical appointment must be located within a 15-mile radius of Croton-on-Hudson (this includes Phelps Memorial Hospital, Westchester Medical Center, Northern Westchester Medical Center and New York Presbyterian-Hudson Valley Hospital).
- Individual requesting transportation must be able to get in and out of the vehicle with minimal assistance. If assistance is required, an aide or companion may accompany as long as it has been pre-arranged at the time of requesting transportation.
- Drivers are unable to transport individuals to locations other than their scheduled appointment and will drop off at the same location as pick up.
Requesting an Appointment
To request medical transportation, please call or email the Croton Caring Committee at (914)-271-4979 or email@example.com.
Please be prepared to provide the following information: date/time/location of the medical appointment; anticipated duration of the medical appointment; your home address; your telephone number; emergency contact information.
- Requests must be made at least five days prior to scheduled medical appointment.
- If an aide or companion will accompany to one’s appointment, this must be pre-arranged when transportation appointment is requested.